(Affiliate Link) This will not change the pricing but I will get commission. Thanks for your support.
Step 1 – Get the latest drivers
- When you open the box and you’re excited about the newness of owning your DJ Controller, don’t start hooking it up until you visit (latest firmware) to download the latest.
Mac OS users:
- You don’t have to install this driver. Mac OS standard audio driver will be automatically installed when your DDJ is connected to your Mac with a USB cable.
- OS X Yosemite v10.10 verification was completed.
* The driver software itself has been verified to work properly on OS X Yosemite v10.10. We have been researching compatibility with the bundled applications.
- Doing this will save you time re-thinking the setup. Very important step.
Step 2 – Choosing your software
- This Controller is midi mapped for Serato® DJ software but I prefer using Virtual DJ (Paid Version) for many reasons. Serato DJ software is great for DJ’s so it’s just my preference.
- If you would like to add Video DJ (V-DJ Services) to your arsenal then Virtual DJ (Paid Version) is the better option of the two.
- There is a way to use both DJ software platforms. Check out DDJ-SR with Virtual DJ for the way to do it.
Step 3 – Read through your features
PERFORMANCE PADS WITH PAD PLUS
Use the rubber Performance Pads to trigger Hot Cue, Roll, Sampler and Slicer. Or hit Pad Plus to access another later of tactile control: Hot Cue/Sampler Roll, Combo FX and Trans Pad.
LARGE JOG WHEELS
It may be compact, but this controller features large, low-latency jog wheels to give you great scratch response and accuracy.
NATIVE CONTROL OF SERATO DJ
Get involved with plug-and-play control of Serato DJ with dedicated buttons for FX and advanced features such as Beat Jump, Slip mode and Quantize. Simply connect your PC/Mac and start playing.
Keep tracks playing muted during live edits such as loop, scratch or reverse. Release the jog wheel and the track comes back at exactly the right place.
Learn the key features and you will get a head start when your in your first session. I strongly suggest that you practice with one DJ Controller at a time. Master it as you go for it.
Those are the very Basic Steps that I take when opening up new DJ Controllers. Through many hours of frustration as I deserved for not reading the Quick Start instructions. Let’s move forward and make a Difference in the DJ/Party planning Industry my friend.
DJ SAMROCK offers ONE-ON-ONE DJ Training. For more info send email to DJSAMROCK and put DJ training in the subject line.